Music


90's: Nirvana
Virtual: Dethklok
Hardcore: Black Flag
Punk: Green Day
Industrial 75/Goth: Specimen

For the 90's I chose Nirvana because Nirvana was able to bring attention to music that most people had ignored or written off as bad music. Many people before Nirvana had played the very loud melodic music that they were doing it was just widely more accepted. Nirvana also had some different technologies that would go on in their music videos that hadn't been seen before. I think their work fits with technology and electronic music because they played their instruments the way they wanted to. They also incorprated technology and scenes that many people would see in an everyday. 

For Virtual I chose Dethklok because there aren't many like Miku Hatsune who are able to have sold out concerts and not even be a real person. Their work fits with technology and electronic music because they create animations with some of their songs and they even have a show on Adult Swim called Metalocaplypse. I think it's interesting how these virtual music artists are not even real and many people won't ever get to meet them in person but they are still able to draw millions of people to their concerts, and or buy their songs. 

For hardcore I chose Black Flag because they were an underground band in America that was the first to come not from New York or California but from the suburbs of L.A. They were what was considered what the Ramones were to punk. I think their work fits with technology and electronic music because they brought punk to be what it is known as today, and it doesn't have to best meaning surrounding it still. 

For punk I chose Green Day because besides Nirvana it is one of the bands I am familiar and know and have listened to some of their songs. I think their work fits with technology and electronic music because when they first began they were singing about some vulgar thing and it wasn't until the 2000 that they started to sign some meaningful things. They also recreated their sound to help with their new meaning. 

For Industrial 75/Goth I chose Specimen because they seem to have a place in the U.K. and many people still seem to know about them. I think their work fits with technology and electronic music because they have a different sound and in the U.K. it is an accepted music genre that people listen to but here in the U.S. I don't know must about industrial75/goth, so I don't know of any bands from the U.S. I thought it was interesting how in the U.K. this is a normal culture that you can see walking down London but if someone was dressed like that in the U.S. they would be looked at weirdly, or even avoided. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flip Book

Grid Art

Performance Art